Our goals with Battle of the Bridge are the following:
- Offer an event with a strong beginner focus, to balance up the many prestigious events in the Nordic region. We want this event to be a good first or second tournament, but at the same time offer good quality bouts for more seasoned fencers.
- Offer a quality sabre tournament to give the growing sabre scene more events to improve.
- Work against a possible stagnation of the Nordic scene by offering a variation in both tournament setup and ruleset.
- Give fencers a lot of bouts in the event to give great value for the money.
- Organizing an event that’s professional and of high quality, but at the same time relaxed and friendly with a clear learning focus, rather than a prestigious event for fencers to train for.